Campus Data Center
I E T : D C C S
Data Center & Client Services
- MISSION STATEMENT
- To provide consistent and secure access to the University's mission-critical computing services, and to provide the campus
community with excellent computer support and consultation services.
- GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- To provide computing resources and access to information via the campus network.
- To provide uninterrupted, secure, high quality access to mission critical network services.
- To provide a computing environment pursuant to the campus "Principles of Community."
- DATA CENTER SERVICES
- The Data Center provides support services on a cost recovery basis for database administration, Microsoft & Unix/Linux systems administration, and now, Virtualization!
- DATA CENTER UNITS
- Data Center Infrastructure Services
- The Infrastructure Services unit is responsible for providing both the physical infrastructure for the Data Center and services in support of all systems in the Data Center.
- Database Services & Support (DSS)
- The DSS unit provides database support and consulting for campus database installations. Services include consulting, installation,
design, patching, monitoring, performance tuning, security auditing, backup and recovery. Virtual or server hosting is available for your Oracle or SQL
- Infrastructure Systems Management (ISM)
- The ISM unit provides the infrastructure, computer security, and client/business system expertise to
support many of the campus applications critical to the mission of the university.
- The Operations unit provides operational support for all services housed within the Campus Data Center.
Additionally, Operations provides off-hours coverage for the IET Help Desk and the NOC on-call staff.
- Windows Administration Group (WAG)
- The WAG group provides the Microsoft Windows environment adminstrative expertise required for the many
critical applications supporting the mission of the university; including Hyper-V Virtualized solutions,
Campus Active Directory and Exchange, and Microsoft SQL.